Our dental office has always exceeded infection control standards established by the CDC and ADA. In response to COVID-19 and our concern for the safety and well-being of our patients, the following changes will be implemented:
– We will schedule our patients to reduce overlap thus allowing additional time for disinfecting of common areas and providing patients with significant social distancing.
– Provide a separate well-ventilated space to allow waiting patients to be separated by at least 6 feet and access to respiratory hygiene supplies, if requested.
– Patients may wait in their personal vehicles and contacted via mobile phone when the waiting room and operatories are cleared and readied.
– Eye protection (googles or disposable face shield) will be offered to each patient if so requested.
– Each of our operatories provide single-patient enclosures which will be limited to the patient and providing practitioner during the procedure.
– Implementation of newly acquired ISOLITE system which reduces aerosol transmission during treatment.
– Procedures will be established for visitors and guests such as delivery services and non-essential personnel. Packages will be left outside the office and wiped down with appropriate materials prior to entry into the office.
– Air handling systems will use the highest level of HEPA filters (High-Efficiency Particle Air) to provide positive air-pressure to the office and operatories.
– Our normal procedure to disinfect all contact surfaces will be increased in frequency and duration.